9.26.2012

Pure Canadian Honey

 
I found this old tin honey can when I was helping mom clean out the garage when she sold the house. As soon as I saw it there was just something about it that I loved right away. I am not sure if it was the sturdiness of the metal, the hues of turquoise and yellow, the age & wear of the can, or even just the fact that I knew it had belonged to my Dad. As I said, not sure what it is that draws me in but something does.
 
This past weekend I was at a small antique shop in Westport. I saw this exact can and couldn't believe it. The one I saw was in better condition than mine but I was so surprised to see that they had it priced at $22. Because my can belonged to my Dad it is priceless to me and will never be sold but really? $22 for just an old can??
 
Wow.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...